A facebook friend of mine posted a blog her friend had done listing the 101 motivations she has for losing weight. I read through the list and actually got a little angry at myself for thinking some of her reasons were superficial or dumb (because, come on! They’re HER motivations, not mine!), so I decided to challenge myself to find 101 reasons I’m doing the Path to Half. Unfortunately, I couldn’t think of 101 reasons, but here are the 50 Reasons for my Journey.
1. To show that I can lose weight without gaining it back.
2. To buy a bra at Victoria’s Secret.
3. To feel sexy in front of my husband.
4. To wear jeans in the single digits.
5. To not have to stop when playing “Tag” with my students because I’m out of breath.
6. To get back into running a whole 5k without stopping.
7. To run a 10k.
8. To run a half marathon.
9. To run a marathon!
10. To not feel like I don’t deserve to become a Zumba Instructor because I’m fat.
11. Because my students deserve to have good choices modeled to them!
12. To fix my relationship with food.
13. To learn to enjoy cooking more than I enjoy eating out.
14. Because I have a strong feeling that me being fat has a direct correlation on me not being a mother yet.
15. Because I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired! (Cliche’, but true!)
16. I’m sick of people being surprised or impressed that I can do something (Zumba, BodyPump, races, etc.) because I’m the fat girl.
17. I want to have stretchmarks from being pregnant, not from being fat.
18. To not have everyone look at me funny when I step on an elevator.
19. Because Sarah deserves to see what it means to love yourself from EVERYONE surrounding her.
20. Because I owe it to those who have inspired and motivated me to be an inspiration and motivator.
21. Because I never want to be back in that hospital waiting room, wondering if my father-in-law is going to make it. (hint, hint!)
22. Because I never want to be back in that hospital waiting room, wondering if my husband is going to make it. (hint, hint!)
23. Because I want my favorite brother to stop smoking, once and for all (hint, hint), and get healthy too.
24. To finally learn that it’s not about getting skinny, it’s about getting healthy.
25. To know what it’s like to be closer to 200lbs., than 300lbs.
26. Because I know it’ll feel damn good to see 199.
27. Because I want a party when I lose 100 lbs!
28. To never fear the scale again.
29. To have family pictures done and not be afraid of ruining them.
30. To go hiking around Mackinaw Island without complaining.
31. To believe that I am pretty.
32. To put my nutritional knowledge to use, instead of just telling everyone else what they should do.
33. To earn my free membership to the gym.
34. To lift like the boys.
35. To inspire someone else to get healthy.
36. To learn to let go of the emotional baggage.
37. To look the way I should have looked on my wedding day when I renew my vows.
38. Because people told me I was fat when I was younger and I wasn’t, so they sure as hell don’t have the right to be able to call me fat ever again!
40. To find balance.
41. To dance with Ryley on his wedding day.
42. To watch Sarah make Jenny a grandmother.
43. To be around when Sarah becomes a grandmother.
44. To not worry about tipping the canoe when I get it.
45. To go canoeing again!
46. To feel normal.
47. To know that my body is working the way it should.
48. Because I think clavicles, wrist bones, and ankles are sexy.
49. Because I deserve to feel confident.
50. Because I set the goal, and it’s time I actually followed through on my commitment.